Remembering back to my childhood fridge, we always had grape jelly and, occasionally, peach preserves, orange marmalade or a berry jam on hand. I grew to prefer the berry varieties, yet recently while shopping at Kroger, I found Mango, Guava & Passion Fruit Preserve by Private Selection™. I tell you with every bite my tastebuds are sent on a tropical vacation!
If you like tropical fruits, you should try this preserve. The ingredient list is short and simple, but the little 10 oz. jar packs a full body punch! It doesn’t take much either because a little goes a long way.
How can you add this sweet goodness to your life?
- Spread on hot, buttered biscuits, toast, naan, muffins, pancakes, or favorite bread
- Use to transform the traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwich or flatbread wrap sandwich
- Spread on a cookie or use as filling for layered cake
- Mix in with plain greek yogurt to replace store-bought varieties or serve as dip with fruit (approx. 1-1 1/2 T. preserve per 8 oz. of yogurt for breakfast and maybe a little more for fruit dip)
- Stir a small spoonful into cottage cheese
- Dollop on a cracker topped a slice/cube of cheese
- Make celery logs with peanut butter, preserve, raisins, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Whip up a tropical vinaigrette for salads (1 part vinegar to 3 parts olive oil. Then add preserve a small spoonful at a time, depending on your desired level of sweetness and consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.)
Now, go pick up a jar and get on with your tropical eating adventure! Enjoy!
Private Selection™ Mango, Guava & Passion Fruit Preserve at www.kroger.com
Product Styling & photo by Hope N. Jones