About every ten years, my skin changes. My skin is sensitive and becomes easily irritated so I have to be extra cautious about what I use. Rest and water are top priority when it comes to keep my skin healthy. I use castile soap to cleanse and pure oils to moisturize. Occasionally, I will use apple cider vinegar and rosewater to tone and treat blemishes. Then about once a month, I’ll will exfoliate with a loofah and do a clay mask.
Because lipwear is the only makeup I use regularly, a regimen of good skin care is necessary in order to preserve its even tone, soft texture, and fresh glow. Eating clean, healthy foods helps too! Our skin care needs differ, and there is no perfect formula. I suggest you stick with pure, natural, organic products. Always read the ingredients. Do your research and never buy products because of hype. Buy quality products that have multiple uses. Go without makeup to let your skin breathe from time to time. In the long run, your skin will be healthier and more vibrant!
2. Hydrate with plenty of water
3. Cleanse with organic soaps: Dr. Bronner’s is #1 for me
4. Exfoliate with natural clays and loofahs
5. Tone with organic apple cider vinegar and rosewater
6. Moisturize with replenishing oils: I use rose hip seed oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, almond oil, and castor oil.